Epson Stylus Colour 740 inkjet printer

Epson printers
Bill

Postby Bill » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Print head printing white lines. We cleaned it thoroughly (about 20 times) & it still does it. Is there anyway of fixing it as it is not very old & has been used very little. We are a service centre for facsimile machines, photocopiers & laser printers (13 years) & we have now started to service small inkjet printers & we do not have enough experience yet & we are servicing numerous brands. Are there any tricks to the trade in fixing Epson inkjet printers you can tell us.
Dennis

Re: Epson Stylus Colour 740 inkjet printer

Postby Dennis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:56 pm

When cleaning it doesn't work (there are some solvents to soak the printhead and to purge it ), all you can do is replace the printhead, not cheap but effective.
Henryemiva

Postby Henryemiva » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 pm

We use the Epson 7880 Inkjet Printer and like it. I have see a lot of crappy laser films that were nowhere near dark enough.
byronFreno

Postby byronFreno » Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 pm

I have an Epson 9800 Stylus Pro inkjet with UltraChrome K3 ink here in my office -- has been going strong for many years. When the time comes that I can/must get something new, a printer that includes this technology will definitely get a serious look.

And yes, even the model I use, which is at least 10 years old, had a price in four figures and uses eight different ink cartridges cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light black, light light black, light cyan, and light magenta, each roughly the size of a VHS cassette. Each one of those cartridges costs in the neighborhood of 100 to be fair, you get quite a lot of output from each cartridge.

Qapla

SSB
MichaelLot

Postby MichaelLot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:08 am

Not sure if this is of any help but I have the Epson Stylus photo 1410 which is an A3 printer and it is magic, producing beautiful prints. Until I purchased the Epson I had always used Canon printers and thought they were good, now I am an Epson printing convert.

Cheers,
Jenny
BeJimmieBug

Postby BeJimmieBug » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I need a new inkjet printer, and am wondering what is currently available.

Basic specs are:A3Good quality photo reproductionCD printingUSB at least, network would be wonderfulDecent Mac driverIve had Epsons in the past, and my experience has been mixed. But part of that could be my procedures.

This office has one Mac and one IBM ThinkPad. I have to unplug the printer from one USB hub and plug it into the other at the moment when I need to print from another computer. The printer drivers on the Mac have always been flaky for the current Epson, a Photo 1270, which has been inoperable for over 12 months.

Id really like to be able to offer prints of the photos I take at horse events instead of only offering photos on disc.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Epson”