Notes on CU/PU board replacement
When the EEPROM on a board to remove can be accessed
(when SERVICE CALL 104 [Engine EEPROM Error] or 40 [EEPROM Error] is not displayed):
- Remove information from the EEPROM in the PU block, and setting information from the EEPROM in the CU block, of the board, and temporarily store them onto an HDD of a computer, by using the board replacement function of
- By using the board replacement function, copy the information and setting information into the EEPROM of a board to replace with.
- When only the information or setting information can be removed from the board to replace, copy it into the EEPROM of the replacement board by using the board replacement function. With the board replacement function, separately configure the other information, which cannot be removed. Perform PU-block serial-number setting (Maintenance Utility Operating Manual, section 22.214.171.124.1.5), and make a change to the Shipping mode (Maintenance Utility Operating Manual, section 126.96.36.199.1.6), in setting windows when the information cannot be removed. Configure CU-block serial number information (Maintenance Utility Operating Manual, section 188.8.131.52.1.4) when the setting information cannot be removed.
ONLINE mode, the printer provides an error indication when having an error.
- When turning on the printer, press and hold down , and the OK button in combination until STATUS MODE appears on the operator panel.
- The printer displays ONLINE when operating properly, and provides an error indication when having an error, where the printer is internally online, being ready to communicate.