Using Safe Mode
Safe Mode lets the printer continue to operate in a special limited mode in which it attempts to continue offering as much functionality as possible despite known issues.
Safe Mode is intended as a short‑term workaround and should be used only in the case of a non‑critical error when a print job must be completed before service can be arranged to repair the printer. The printer must be returned to standard operating mode before diagnostics can be run or full‑function printing can continue.
You can enter Safe Mode in one of the following ways:
• Enter Safe Mode from the Configuration menu, and then POR the printer.
• Press the 6 and 7 keys, and then POR the printer.
Return the printer to standard operating mode to service the printer and return to full‑function printing.
Power‑on Reset (POR) sequence
When you turn on the printer, it performs a POR sequence.
Check for correct POR functioning of the base printer by observing the following:
- The LED turns on.
- The main fan turns on.
- The operator panel turns on.
- The fuser heater turns on. The fuser takes longer to warm up from a cold start than a warm start.
- 5 The operator panel LED starts blinking.
- A splash screen appears on the display. The following errors or messages may appear:
• Close Door or Insert Cartridge appear if the front access door is open or the print cartridge is missing
• Cartridge errors, such as Defective Cartridge or Missing Cartridge
- Ready appears on the display.
- The main drive motor turns on.
- The EP drive assembly drives the developer shaft located in the print cartridge.
- The exit rollers turn.
- The printer may begin calibration.